Monday, January 30, 2012

1st Floor Tour

Our settlement isn't scheduled yet, but we're expecting to close within the next two weeks. Everything at the house is pretty much completed, so here's the official 1st Floor Tour...

We're hoping to widen the driveway to the edge of the house in the spring.
Close-up of the upgraded front door hardware.
Looking from the front door, on the left is the office, then a coat closet, followed by the dining room and family room.The first room on the tour is the office.
This is where my pretty blue sofa will sit.And the desk will sit in the opposite corner and extend to the middle of the windows (still not quite sure about how that will look, so I just have to wait and see).Next up is the dining room.
Looking back down the hallway you can see the 2 different light fixtures that I'd like to replace so they are the same.
Next up is the kitchen and family room. I just realized I don't really have any good shots of the family room, but you can see it in some of the kitchen pics.
From the back corner of the family room you see the entrance to the front hallway, stairs to the second floor, pantry door and mudroom.Not much space in the mudroom, but the garage is straight ahead, the powder room is on the left and basement stairs are on the right.I couldn't really get a good shot of the powder room.
Finally, the last stop on the 1st floor is the garage.
I don't think there's a single thing I would change on the 1st floor, I love everything about it. I can't wait to set-up my office and I LOVE the kitchen. I'm getting very anxious at this point, both to close on our old house and move into the new one, but we're so close to the end I just need to be patient and try not to obsess (easier said than done).

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! We asked about why the two different lights in the hall. She said because the entry hall in the original plans ends at the dining room. When we extend it, we are extending into a different part of the house. I guess that makes sense, but I still think they should be the same as well.

    I loved seeing what it looks like with the hardwood all the way into the kitchen. BEAUTIFUL!!

    Your house is stunning! LOVE IT! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be so excited! Everything looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey everything looks great! I hate that anxious feeling, you just want to get it over with already!!! Can't wait to see it decorated:-)

    ReplyDelete