Sunday, December 11, 2011

Drywall is Up

We had some inspections earlier this week and then they started drywall on Thursday. By the time I stopped on Friday afternoon, all of the drywall was hung. They'll be taping and mudding this week and then after that I think they'll start installing cabinetry, etc. Here are a few pics from my visit Friday.

Kitchen from Family Room
Back corner of Kitchen
Other side of Kitchen (entrance to mud room, fridge space and pantry)
Family Room from Kitchen
Front Door from Family Room
View from top of Stairs- Bedroom 1 on left, Loft, Bedroom 2, Linen Closet and Master Bedroom on right (Laundry Room and Guest Bath are behind me)
Game Room
Game Room (where the tv will hang)
The Florence next door to us is framed and sits a bit higher than our house, but the PM said the grade between our houses will be pretty level.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great and it bet the reality has set in! It definitely felt more like a house after our drywall went up. Wow that is a big difference between you. I'm sure they know what they are talking about, but I don't see how either. I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to take a good picture, but I can see my neighbors garage gutters while standing on my front porch.
    I found drywall week great (for reasons Gina mentioned, it starts "feeling" like a house) but also mildly ... "ugh" (because it lasted the whole dang week!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY.. You have walls.. Looks great !!

    I LOVE your furniture. Wow! You have done loads of shopping girl! My favorite is your dining room collection and wine rack. Looks like you are all set to move into your new home. As for me I haven't decided even on the blinds yet.And we are closing in just 2 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really coming along nicely! =D Looks great!

    ReplyDelete