Monday, November 7, 2011

Moving right along

On Saturday we went to the model to meet some of our new neighbors. There were probably 5-6 couples there and I'm pretty sure everyone had a toddler/baby except for us. The people we met were really nice and it seems like it's going to be a great neighborhood.

After we left we walked around the lot and I was able to get pics of the foundation. This is from the back corner of the house (driveway on the left). We have 2 unfinished storage areas and a half bath in the basement, so the finished basement will still be an "L" shape, but it will also be a little more square.
Dan was checking out the egress window. We didn't want it in the finished section or along the back of the house and were really glad to see they were able to move it to the unfinished storage area).
Here's the view from the back of the house. I'm pretty sure one of the lots across the street sold and is going to be a Brighton.
We found out the neighbors are building a Venice, which makes 4 on the street so far. I'm not sure what the neighbors on the other side of us are building (they were out of town this weekend so we didn't get a chance to meet them). Here's an updated shot of our neighbors- Florence, Venice then our Milan.
The first completed house closes this week and then there's another in 3 weeks. The SR said they're currently on April deliveries.

I texted the PM today since it's been 3 weeks since I've heard from him. Got a quick reply saying that they're finishing up plumbing, groundworks and backfill by Thursday and that they should start framing Friday. I'm not really sure what groundworks and backfill are, but I'll google those later. I'm just so excited that we're this close to framing!!

3 comments:

  1. Just curious...for the foundation, why did they use cinder blocks instead of pouring the walls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea, all of the homes in our plan have cinder block basements. I'll have to ask the PM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the 1st Ryan Home that I have seen built with cinder blocks. I can't wait to hear what your PM has to say.

    ReplyDelete